TechSpot

802.11-2012 Wi-Fi promises 600Mbps, 3.65-3.7GHz, mesh networking

By Rick
May 8, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Over the past 15 years, the Wi-Fi (802.11x) standard has been revised only a handful of times, evolving to include major revisions like 802.11b, g and n and smaller, incremental...

Read the whole story

2. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,971   +586

What on earth is "omnoms"? :)

3. That's the sound the Cookie Monster makes when he's devouring cookies.

4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,358   +283

ROFL - that was just great... I was making that sound in my head while I was reading this.

5. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

An improvised onomatopoeia. :)

6. Lguest

Lguest TS Rookie

I donĀ“t think this will be the case. If you think about it 802.11a and 802.11b where 2 different things and the coexist and in some cases they were deployed in the same. It will be highly probably they will be in the same box 802.11ac (which is backward compatible with a,b,g,n) and 802.11-2012 . May be in the future they will merge the 3 bands. They cannot release 2012 alone because everything work in a,b,g or n, nobody will buy it in that way.

7. Doctor John

Doctor John TS Enthusiast Posts: 247   +15

Whatever the final version, I will never be able to look at it without thinking of the Cookie Monster (and improvised omnomatopeia - I think that's how it's spelt?) :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.