TechSpot

8800 Gts

By Daner
Jan 23, 2007
  1. HI! i just bought a new graphic card 8800 GTS and when i insert it in my computer and start the power it just makes a high pitch noise and its not coming from the speakers... the screen wont turn on either. Can anyone help me please?

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,682   +393

You got the extra power connected to it? If so your card is toast, send it back.

3. Daner

Daner TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 56

extra power?? i just opened the computer and inserted the card and the it made that REALLY annoying voice..

4. SNGX1275

As far as I know an 8800 has at least 1 power connector on it, If you didn't plug it in and it has one then you don't have a chance of it working.

5. Daner

well i got some extra wires in the box but i thought it was for something else.. like setting up for tv but can you explain me how the connector looks like and where i should plug it to?

6. SNGX1275

[​IMG]
    You may only have 1 of those, or you may have 2. Plug in the wire from your power supply that looks like that.

7. Daner

yeah ok i found one... but where does it go now?

8. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

You plug it (the plug) into one of the boxes labeled in SNGX's picture:

[​IMG]

9. Daner

oh my god SNGX and Cfit... i cant than you enough for you help.. its working!

10. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

Just make sure your power supply is powerful enough. To see, check out my guide in my signature.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.