TechSpot

8800 Gts

By Daner
Jan 23, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HI! i just bought a new graphic card 8800 GTS and when i insert it in my computer and start the power it just makes a high pitch noise and its not coming from the speakers... the screen wont turn on either. Can anyone help me please?
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,490   +292

You got the extra power connected to it? If so your card is toast, send it back.
  3. Daner

Daner Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 58

extra power?? i just opened the computer and inserted the card and the it made that REALLY annoying voice..
  4. SNGX1275

As far as I know an 8800 has at least 1 power connector on it, If you didn't plug it in and it has one then you don't have a chance of it working.
  5. Daner

well i got some extra wires in the box but i thought it was for something else.. like setting up for tv but can you explain me how the connector looks like and where i should plug it to?
  6. SNGX1275

[​IMG]
    You may only have 1 of those, or you may have 2. Plug in the wire from your power supply that looks like that.
  7. Daner

yeah ok i found one... but where does it go now?
  8. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

You plug it (the plug) into one of the boxes labeled in SNGX's picture:

[​IMG]
  9. Daner

oh my god SNGX and Cfit... i cant than you enough for you help.. its working!
  10. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

Just make sure your power supply is powerful enough. To see, check out my guide in my signature.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.