9 Way Intel P35 round up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello my fellow forum member. First and foremost, let me say that all the knowledge and suggestion I receive from members of this forum is greatly appreciated. Secondly, being that my first build was a sucess I'm now looking to build something for my 7 years old daughter. Furthermore, I read the review on the 9-way Intel P35 motherboard round-up. Most importantly, what I gathered from this information was that the Abit IP35 Pro and ASUS P5K Deluxe would fulfill my price range of no more than $200.00 for a mother board. However, the question that I have would be when purchasing a cpu (E8400 vs Q6600) would you notice the difference in FSB; E8400 FSB 1366 vs Q6600 FSB 1066? Also, my budget for a processor would be no more than $250.00. I'm open for any suggestion in whether I should consider a different board, choose a different processor, and etc.

Products covered include:
- Abit IP35 Pro (Intel P35)
- Abit IP35-E (Intel P35)
- ASUS P5K Deluxe (Intel P35)
- ASUS P5K-E (Intel P35)
- ASUS P5K-SE (Intel P35)
- ECS P35T-A (Intel P35)
- Gigabyte P35-S3L (Intel P35)
- Gigabyte P35-DS4 (Intel P35)
- Gigabyte P35-DQ6 (Intel P35)

The Abit IP35-E and Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L are both good mobos if you don't plan on using RAID, otherwise I'd step up to the GA-P35-DS3R, IP35-Pro or P5K-E.

Both of the CPUs are high performance, with normal use there would be no noticeable difference . You would have to use some CPU intense apps to notice any difference at all. With single threaded programs (most stuff) the E8400 is faster, multi-threaded programs the Q6600 has a edge. I really can't see a 7 year old needing anything more the a E2200.

Mirob said:
The Abit IP35-E and Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L are both good mobos if you don't plan on using RAID, otherwise I'd step up to the GA-P35-DS3R, IP35-Pro or P5K-E.

Both of the CPUs are high performance, with normal use there would be no noticeable difference . You would have to use some CPU intense apps to notice any difference at all. With single threaded programs (most stuff) the E8400 is faster, multi-threaded programs the Q6600 has a edge. I really can't see a 7 year old needing anything more the a E2200.

I have thought of purchasing a less expensive processor, and in the future upgrade to a faster CPU. Never the less the E2200 is very cost effective at $69.99However, she utilizes the internet for her school work and projects, and she also plays video games. Also, I'm not going to build this MOBO right away; I figured maybe before the summer goes out. So, that is why I consider a faster processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back