9800GT Fan Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritwik7

Hi everyone.

I just bought myself an XFX 9800GT. I installed Riva Tuner to increase my card's fan speed to make it run cooler during games. My fan speed has been set to 70% on startup. Before I start playing I set my fan speed to 100%. However, while playing NFS Most Wanted I find that after sometime the fan speed drops to its default value of 40%. I can't understand why this happens. When I'm not playing the card maintains whatever speed I set it to.

Please help.

Are there other options in the same window ? I don't have RivaTuner handy (on my laptop ATM), but I think I remember that there are different fan settings for 2D mode and 3D mode. This may be the cause of the problem, with it reverting to the settings it came with when you enter 3D mode.

When I select my fan profile and click on "Apply" all modes are set to the selected fan speed. Nothing separate for 2D or 3D. Is there any way for Riva Tuner to remember my selected fan speed while playing NFS? This problem does not seem to occur while playing other games (am not 100% sure though).

Is there any way to keep my fan speed running at 100% permanently? Is it recommended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back