9800GT, Left 4 Dead input not supported

P4PC

Hello, I have a 9800 GT graphic card and windows 7, resolution can go high and when i lauch left 4 dead 1 or 2 for pc says input not supported, can i assume LFD is displaying highest resolution that my monitor does not support? MAX resolution my Acer (old old monitor) monitor displays is 1280/1024. i try changing my resolution inside nvidia controll panel but that only chances my window not game resolution, this only happens with LFD other games.
I try so far the followings:

Upgrade driver:
downgrade driver:
install driver from nvidia
install driver from CD:
reinstall both LFD 1 and 2 many times
compatibility to run in 640x480

well thats all i tried by myself, maybe one of you has a smarted solution. any tips or ideas are greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if I followed all of what you said but did you try to change the resolution in the game options?

can't, or i wouldnt of had a problem to begin with. when i "click" on the game to launch it says input not supported but the game does run and i can hear sound just no display. i cant change the resolution

the game left 4 dead when i launch it, it goes in to blank screen and says input not supported. why does it says that and how can i fix it,

This has happened to me before as well and you have to force it through Steam via there options. Go to Left 4 Dead > Properties > Set Launch Options > -width 1280 -height 1024. Hope this resolves your issue.

This has happened to me before as well and you have to force it through Steam via there options. Go to Left 4 Dead > Properties > Set Launch Options > -width 1280 -height 1024. Hope this resolves your issue.

that worked thanks.

Back