TechSpot

9800gt vs. 4830

By Zilliak
Dec 19, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Now im more of an Nvidia fan but i need unbiased people to tell me facts whcich is better i want to play crysis near full spec on a 1440 X 900 screen i ahve 3 gb of ram and 2.7 Ghz Processor
    Other games i like to play are BfME2 and RTS games now which one is better those are th ones i want nothing more nothing less many thanks :)\
    ALSO I ONLY BUY FRO NEWEGG SO SEND ME A LOINK ON THE BEST ONE FROM NEW EGG OF THE TWO
  2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,535   +318

3. adweston

adweston Banned Posts: 333

I just got home from a really tough afternoon at the office. We had a terrible snowstorm, which meant no walkins.. I played Crysis all afternoon. 1680x1050 on a GTX280 and 37" LCD... All details maxed, 4x AA. *drool*

I can tell you that even a GTX260 doesn't do that, so I can't see a 9800GT doing it.
  4. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

He'll get 30fps max im imagining. Even that's stretching it.
  5. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,367   +125

I would say...tone the resolution down...to what? It kinda depends on your monitor. EDIT: sorryo you mentioned that.

Either way i would think the 4830 is > 9800gt. Im fairly sure of it. Doesn't mean 100%, im behind the times now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102803
    Saphire 4830 - $115
  6. Zilliak

Zilliak TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 233

full spec correction

i meant i dont care about anti aliasing and stuff i meen just full details and everything on high i dont care about the AA AND AF
  7. LinkedKube

Doesnt matter, you'll still see 24-30 gps in low rendering situations with crysis. And when something explodes....boom 6 fps, GL
  8. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,367   +125

When people say "I can run Crysis maxed out", we is assume they mean with high details and a decent resolution ONLY. Finding a computer running crysis with AA at decent FPS is...difficult.
  9. LinkedKube

I cant run crysis as you'd like to run it with a 8800 ultra, 2 gigs of ddr3 and a c2 6750. Well not above 45 fps with the settings you'd like.
  10. adweston

adweston Banned Posts: 333

What I mean is this:

1680x1050 (via HDMI)
    Full details (auto detected even)
    4x AA

Really decent framerates. Game play is smooth, even when getting attacked by a dozen guys with machine guns and frag grenades at the same time.

The GTX280 is one insane card. I love it. :)
  11. LinkedKube

Ehh, must be a 22" monitor then?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.