9800gt vs. 4830

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zilliak

Now im more of an Nvidia fan but i need unbiased people to tell me facts whcich is better i want to play crysis near full spec on a 1440 X 900 screen i ahve 3 gb of ram and 2.7 Ghz Processor
Other games i like to play are BfME2 and RTS games now which one is better those are th ones i want nothing more nothing less many thanks :)\
ALSO I ONLY BUY FRO NEWEGG SO SEND ME A LOINK ON THE BEST ONE FROM NEW EGG OF THE TWO

I just got home from a really tough afternoon at the office. We had a terrible snowstorm, which meant no walkins.. I played Crysis all afternoon. 1680x1050 on a GTX280 and 37" LCD... All details maxed, 4x AA. *drool*

I can tell you that even a GTX260 doesn't do that, so I can't see a 9800GT doing it.

full spec correction

i meant i dont care about anti aliasing and stuff i meen just full details and everything on high i dont care about the AA AND AF

i meant i dont care about anti aliasing and stuff i meen just full details and everything on high i dont care about the AA AND AF

Doesnt matter, you'll still see 24-30 gps in low rendering situations with crysis. And when something explodes....boom 6 fps, GL

When people say "I can run Crysis maxed out", we is assume they mean with high details and a decent resolution ONLY. Finding a computer running crysis with AA at decent FPS is...difficult.

I cant run crysis as you'd like to run it with a 8800 ultra, 2 gigs of ddr3 and a c2 6750. Well not above 45 fps with the settings you'd like.

When people say "I can run Crysis maxed out", we is assume they mean with high details and a decent resolution ONLY. Finding a computer running crysis with AA at decent FPS is...difficult.

What I mean is this:

1680x1050 (via HDMI)
Full details (auto detected even)
4x AA

Really decent framerates. Game play is smooth, even when getting attacked by a dozen guys with machine guns and frag grenades at the same time.

The GTX280 is one insane card. I love it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back