A bit of an odd one .. can't seem to work it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

resu

Right.

Hi all, i hope everyone is well!

my work computer is far from well :(
I took a sick day on thursday as i couldnt focus on anything for very long without feeling sick .. not very good if you work with computers all day drawing buildings!
anyway I come back to work today and boot up as usual everything is working fine until my desktop clears of all icons. I go to start and run and type taskmgr to bring up task manager but i get an error message saying that

'this shortcut is not correct do you want to create another' (or something along those lines)

so i got ctrl alt del

nothing happens

i hit the windows key the start menu pops up with only internet and email icons visible...

its like im in a broken safe mode as everything has disappeared :mad:

so last resort i had to reboot it

upon reboot everything works perfectly .. so i stupidly thought ... ' maybe its gonna be alright after all'

10 mins later the same thing happens

this time on reboot i check my error reports and notice 4 errors all different but all mentioning 'logon failure: account currently disabled'
ive done the whole and nothing works my computer comes back clean .. although i did start a panda scan and got 33 infected files ...

anyway if anyone has experienced anything similar and has fixed it then please could you let me know
i need to get on with work lol

thanks for reading

Will

ok thanks for the help
so far i'll have another play in safe mode and see whats what.

i dont know if i'll find anything new but ill try and get a hijack this report

swwelsh is exactly right!

Do nothing else on your own! Do the below!

Do the TechSpot 8 steps: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Skip no steps (do not install another virus scanner if you already have one, ask me before installing a Firewall).

Most importantly update MalwareBytes (MBAM) and SuperAntiSpyware (SAS)!

Before you scan with either MalwareBytes or SuperAntiSpyWare do the Extra Configs below these have become most important lately

SuperAntispyware extra config

After installed double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.

Update the program definitions.

Click the Preferences button.

Then Scanning Control.

In Scanner Options make sure all boxes are checked except #3 Ignore System Restore.. are checked:

MalwareBytes extra config

After update but before running
Click settings and confirm all are Checked.

I repeat Update these 2 programs.

Run them and attach their logs.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back