A BSoD that I can't get past

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, yes I am young I am 18, and I don't know much about computers, so I discided to go to a fourm,hopefully I am in the right place. If some things are not clear to you or you need more information please let me know.

First, I had my computer set up at home, and it was running perfectly fine, just like normal.
Then later that night I brought it over to a friends house and tryed to start my computer, the screen where it says "your computer wasn't shut down properly" came up, and I just chose "start windows normaly".
It started to load then all of a sudden my computer just restarted, Quickly showing a blue screen. (explained below)
I tryed again and still the same thing happend.
My friend know's more about computers than I do and he took a look at it, I told him I was having trouble with my cards (video,sound etc) coming loose.
So he pulled them all out and put them back in, then started the computer.
Now a black screen came up saying "windows could not start normally because \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM is corrupt"
I tryed to put the Windows Home Edition CD (which I have on my computer) in to repair it.
It goes through and is able to read all the files.
Then I get to a screen saying I can press "r" to repair or F3 to exit ect. so I click r.
It sent me to a screen where it asked me which driver I wanted to repair and I chose C:\.
Then it goes to a blue screen that says
"PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA "

I am compleatly stuck my friend thinks it might be the memory? And to get more memory I have to get into windows, so it will have enough memory to boot.

So if you know anything that might be helpful,please reply. Thank you

run the recovery console from the windows xp cd.

Log onto your windows install.

at the prompt, type chkdsk/r

This should scan the disk for disk/file corruption and repair it if possible, but depending on how much corruption there is it can take quite a while.

Edit: Almost forgot!!!

Welcome to Techspot! :blush:

Thank you for the welcomeing!

the sad thing is, is that I can't get to the recovery console from the windows XP cd, I allmost get there, and the blue screen withpage fault in nonpaged fault area comes up. :(

From what I can research on your problem, it seems almost certainly a memory problem.

I would suggest that you try removing your memory sticks one at a time, booting after each one is removed. If after removing one particular stik your computer boots, you've found your culprit. If not I'm pretty much stumped.

Thank you Spike for your help, but my friend ended up going onto the internet and downloaded a boot disc for me, one of the options in the program had a delete function, and we ended up erasing everything off the hard drive. Luckily enough, I had all my documents and pictures saved befor this happend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back