TechSpot

A closer look at Nokia's Lumia Windows Phones

By Julio Franco
Oct 31, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Last week was Nokia's turn to show what's coming from the Finnish company at their own Nokia World 2011 expo. While they were keen to unveil prototypes that included a…

Read the whole story

2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,062   +77

I have been waiting to see what comes out from MS + Nokia partnership, and I will form my opinions once detailed reviews are out, as I want to replace galaxy s in near future. :)

3. awesome gadget!

4. chaboi390

chaboi390 TS Rookie Posts: 83

Nokia still makes the best looking phones

5. backo

backo TS Member Posts: 58   +8

I like the 800 and perfect timing I wanted to upgrade from my E72 in the beginning of next year.

6. sexy thing!

7. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,528   +324

Well done Nokia! very impressed! Nice to see the old dog coming back to its former glory slowly but surely.

You never know, if Nokia can keep (to me) what they are famous for (awesome battery life, great camera and extremely durable) then they may just win me back :) its gunna take th TomTom App though to be ported over to windows phones for me to change :S

8. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Guru Posts: 593   +47

I just can't get past the fact that there's no front facing camera on either phone. I think I'll be waiting until Apollo and its dual core and HD display support.

9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,528   +324

how often do you use video calling?

10. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 892   +133

The phone does look great, but I would personally never pick up anything with less than a 4" screen. It is a big disappointment that the phone does not have a front facing camera, IMO.

11. yRaz

yRaz TS Addict Posts: 985   +124

not that I dislike the phone, but doesn't the 800 resemble a second gen ipod nano?

12. The brand Nokia means something to me, but having M$oft on board is a wrong move.

13. That video with the 800 is poor display if am to even think about a Nokia windows phone. The guy keeps swiping with no response from the phone!!!

14. Seems more like a mainstream smart phone that the average user could pick up for a fair price. Probably would have a lot of sales if it can catch on with the average guy.

Not a super phone like my Samsung Galaxy S II

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.