A+ Exam

levar

I will be taking the A+ 601 and 602 exams this week, and I was wondering if anyone have any tips they can share?

Easy, if you have read your books thoroughly. There are a few trick questions to catch those who are just faking their way through... But we rarely meet anyone who fails it.

The secret is to read the sample questions from recent samples. The questions and the format has changed a lot. Do not expect them to follow the format of past years.
Then go to the class fully rested. Arrive early. Get a good parking spot.
You will finish early. Spend that extra time going over the answers you have given.

What manuals have you used to prepare?

I've passed the 601 today with a score of 750, I'd like to thank you for your advice I can really use anyones advice that have already taken it. I will be taking the 602 next :D looking forward on passing it too. As for manuals I'm reading the "A+ Guide to Managing & Maintaining Your PC". 6th Edition

Tell us your observations on preparing for the exam, and where you did well, as well as where you could have prepared more thoroughly.
We realize that they have a large variety of examinations to thwart preparing too well.
But it might be interesting to know all that went on...
Where you took the exam? How many others were at that site? What is required for the 601 and the 601. What is the minimum acceptable score?
Congratuations on doing so well. How soon can you take the second and final exam?
What were the costs?

Tell us your observations on preparing for the exam, and where you did well, as well as where you could have prepared more thoroughly.
We realize that they have a large variety of examinations to thwart preparing too well.
But it might be interesting to know all that went on...
Where you took the exam? How many others were at that site? What is required for the 601 and the 601. What is the minimum acceptable score?
Congratuations on doing so well. How soon can you take the second and final exam?
What were the costs?

While preparing for the exam I noticed that I tend to skip long questions and question I already have knowledge. I practiced with the pass4sure exams training materials for the 601 & 602. I did well in Identifying tools, install, configure, diagnostic, procedures and troubleshooting. As for where I could have prepared more it would defiantly be ports and printers.
I took the exam at a college. It was just two other people there excluding myself. For requirements to take the 601 & x02 you would have to pass a test or a course showing that you have the knowledge about PC operation, repair and management..etc.The minimum score acceptable is 675 for the 601 and the minimum for the 602 is 700. Thanks you and I will be taking the second exam on the 26th of September. The cost may vary as I took mine at the college I attend which is $74.00 . So if a non-student wants to take the exam the cost would be higher, not too sure about the difference.

editied: passed the 602 :D now I'm A+ certified :)

Thanks for taking the time to give us a full update of information.
Good luck on your second exam.

Now for the Microsoft Certified Professional exams and requirements.

Back