TechSpot

A few issues with my Dell laptop

By GNS1310
Dec 3, 2009
  1. Got an Inspiron 9300. Having a few different problems with it.
    FN+ up/down arrows wont brighten my screen. I have Dell Quickset installed and running but it didnt fix the problem. My LCD is quite dim.
    Just ran diagnostics (F12 @ startup) and it found 2 problems:
    DST short test failed - apparently a problem with the hard drive, but my system is up and running fine. Not perfect, but ok
    LCD inverter detection test failed. - I just replaced my LCD screen. Wondering if I missed something when I installed it or if its driver related. I tried setting the laptop to max performance in the power settings and had no change in the screen.
    Wondering if its all just driver issues? Should I start with a fresh copy of XP (have a disk from a friend but no code) or is there an easy way to start over with all new drivers?
    No sure on what the next step should be. Thanks.

2. GNS1310

GNS1310 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 126

I have my 25.5" monitor run into my laptop and the picture is perfect. Definitely a problem with the lcd.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.