A few minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar man

My monitor fails.. it won't even show the BSOD because the resolution is out of range.

Can someone please read my dumps? They are from trying to play a game called Runes of Magic, an MMO F2P... I tried updating the drivers, to no avail. I start the game, no matter what settings, and it goes into the BSOD. Only reason I know it's a BSOD is because it gives me a dump... Thanks guys.

EDIT: There is a screenshot of Americas Army with ... errors. >>

Attachments

• Americas Army omg.jpg
    Americas Army omg.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 5
All three errors are 0x7F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

All three cited the same Nvidia display driver nv4_disp.dll. I suggest doing the following:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* It could be that your video card is going but that is only a possibility. Let's see what happens when you install new drivers.

Just as an added note in here.

Is it America's Army 3 you are running? It has definite bugs/glitches in it which haven't really been addressed. My flatmate gets your type of texture errors as well, and we both suffer from horrible bugs every now and again.

It's in desperate need of a patch

Yeah, thanks guys, but I figured it out.

/facepalm

Apparently, RoM is buggy on newer Nvidia drivers.

And thanks snowchick7669, I did not know that. I also get like 12 fps...

Thanks again. =)

Thanks mopar man for getting back to us. It makes sense with RoM and Nvidia's display driver as per your minidumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back