A few questions on MoBos and seemingly common knowledge things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few questions.

• What is the differences in P4 board chipsets? what do they support?

• What is POSTing? i've seen the term many times - don't know what it means.

• I've seen boards with dual Bios. but they have Less PCI slots... why would you sacrifice the number of Slots for dual BIOS?

I Had chosen to use AMD then was convinced that Intel would be better for my application so i need to find another board/CPU I do both Gaming and use many Memory hungry applications. Any suggestions on what sort of board I should get? my budget allows for a (socket T) board less than $200 ...

(should I have put the last Q in a different thread?)

questions

1. P4 chipsets. The 915g has integrated graphics, the 915p is a 915g without integrated graphics. The 925 is a performance chipset. The 925xe is also performance, but it also supports the new 1066 fsb.

2. Post, power on self test. When the computer turns on it checks it self to see if everything is ok, it must pass this test.

3. If you flash your bios and the power goes out while doing it, it will corrupt the bios that is being flashed. With a dual bios, you have a backup bios just in case your 1st bios gets corrupted. Then the board isn't trashed if something happens to the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back