A further attempt to make Linked cube sick...er

red1776

well The components and I are all gathered in the same place. Going to try and tame the Holodeck @ 5Ghz.

CPU_block.jpg

Cosmos_II_techspot.jpg

You just won't beer happy until you break it, will you?

"Beer" is indeed a typo. Well either that, or a Freudian slip. So I left it in.

First dibs on your air cooler! :haha:

I'm curious how it will look all tubed and plated with several rads in that case though.

When I buy I go for performance, You're always trying to find a happy medium in price, performance and leaving absolutely no space in your case.

I was thinking of only one more 580 but I may wind up adding two more, which will require another board and some luck in finding two 580's under 800 bucks total.

Someone drop a bag of money at the door. I wanna upgrade a few parts.

yup, that's a pretty good description of enthusiast OCD :)
need to make a quick trip to Micro-Center today. I ended up mounting my DD res differently than i originally planned and need a pair of 90 degree, then the CPU loop is done. I am seriously rethinking the GPU loop though. I think I upgrade too fast for it to make much sense.

I love MC, its the only shopping retailer I feel at home in.

Speaking of MC I've been trying to find a i7960 to put in my htpc, I may have to travel just to buy it. My 920's memory controller went poooooffff.....sizzzzzleee....

same here, and somehow they manage to be very competitive on a lot of items (newegg etc)
Just about everything for the WC,ing loop came from Frozen CPU. Bucky sent me a nice little note the other day.

Oh and have you done any synthetic testing for your memory. I was going to upgrade to ddr2000 before triple channel becomes non existent.

Oh and have you done any synthetic testing for your memory. I was going to upgrade to ddr2000 before triple channel becomes non existent.

Not really other than i have noticed about a 3% overall over the 1600. I have a set of mushkin redline 2133Mhz CL 9 going in after I get the loop done

BTW this the pump and res I went with
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...eed_Pump_-_HF_Top_Edition.html?tl=g30c107s153
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9..._Cooling_Reservoir_RES-005.html?tl=g30c97s165

**** edit**** HEY! my son ran off with my kill Coil last night and just "found ' it for me LOL.

Two good options for the loop. Variable speed pump is great to find a sweet spot.

I'll assume your son is a toddler. Hide your cool stuff a little higher next time.

oh god is this what I have to look forward to. My gf is talking about kids and marriage. I don't even let her touch my toys.

oh god is this what I have to look forward to. My gf is talking about kids and marriage. I don't even let her touch my toys.

ROFLMAO, yupper! my boy can get to anything by any means. a couple months ago, my 8150 went missing from the locked cabinet in the shop....luckily those came in a tin can LOL

Back