A further attempt to make Linked cube sick...er

By red1776
Jan 26, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. well The components and I are all gathered in the same place. Going to try and tame the Holodeck @ 5Ghz.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,400   +832

You just won't beer happy until you break it, will you?

"Beer" is indeed a typo. Well either that, or a Freudian slip. So I left it in.
  3. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Topic Starter Posts: 5,867   +74

I am thinking of changing my moniker from OROTU to Mr DeSade.:)
  4. Leeky

Leeky TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +98

First dibs on your air cooler! :haha:

I'm curious how it will look all tubed and plated with several rads in that case though.
  5. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,264   +41

Well thanks.
  6. red1776

ohhhh, i thought the " sometimes you make me sick" comment was a jab at it being a Bulldozer rig Rofl. Sorry T :)
  7. LinkedKube

When I buy I go for performance, You're always trying to find a happy medium in price, performance and leaving absolutely no space in your case.

I was thinking of only one more 580 but I may wind up adding two more, which will require another board and some luck in finding two 580's under 800 bucks total.

Someone drop a bag of money at the door. I wanna upgrade a few parts.
  8. red1776

yup, that's a pretty good description of enthusiast OCD :)
    need to make a quick trip to Micro-Center today. I ended up mounting my DD res differently than i originally planned and need a pair of 90 degree, then the CPU loop is done. I am seriously rethinking the GPU loop though. I think I upgrade too fast for it to make much sense.
  9. LinkedKube

I love MC, its the only shopping retailer I feel at home in.

Speaking of MC I've been trying to find a i7960 to put in my htpc, I may have to travel just to buy it. My 920's memory controller went poooooffff.....sizzzzzleee....
  10. red1776

same here, and somehow they manage to be very competitive on a lot of items (newegg etc)
    Just about everything for the WC,ing loop came from Frozen CPU. Bucky sent me a nice little note the other day.
  11. LinkedKube

Oh and have you done any synthetic testing for your memory. I was going to upgrade to ddr2000 before triple channel becomes non existent.

12. red1776

Not really other than i have noticed about a 3% overall over the 1600. I have a set of mushkin redline 2133Mhz CL 9 going in after I get the loop done

BTW this the pump and res I went with
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...eed_Pump_-_HF_Top_Edition.html?tl=g30c107s153
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9..._Cooling_Reservoir_RES-005.html?tl=g30c97s165

**** edit**** HEY! my son ran off with my kill Coil last night and just "found ' it for me LOL.

13. LinkedKube

Two good options for the loop. Variable speed pump is great to find a sweet spot.

I'll assume your son is a toddler. Hide your cool stuff a little higher next time.
  14. red1776

hehehe, yeah he is three....and it was high rolf.
  15. LinkedKube

oh god is this what I have to look forward to. My gf is talking about kids and marriage. I don't even let her touch my toys.
  16. red1776

ROFLMAO, yupper! my boy can get to anything by any means. a couple months ago, my 8150 went missing from the locked cabinet in the shop....luckily those came in a tin can LOL

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.