A graphical problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kserijaro

Well I don't know what is the best way to explain this since the problem occurs rarely and only in-game.On some occasional matter game(mainly real time strategies,even old warcraft III) tends to mess up graphic output.I dont know if it is overheating,underpowered or software issue,and I cant get screenshots while it happens.This is how it looks like:I play a game all fine nice settings(my Pc is core2quad 2.4 350 Gb maxtor HD,640 MB Nvidia 8800GTS and 2 GB RAM)and then in the middle of a fight pc freezes picture,a black overlayer appears(sometimes no,looks like a slow frame change) and then game goes on with all the forms i couldnt see,color is messed up,shapes are twisted and i cant read text sometimes.That is not the end.Game then goes on :freeze,degrage gfx quality,freeze,raise quality...and so on with no playing ability,till i switch or restart PC.Is this a card,software or monitor problem?How to fix it?

Hi Kserijaro

Are your graphics drivers up to date? Direct X and sound drivers good too? That's where I would start the troubleshooting. Also, what operating system are you running? Any error messages you receive upon freezing etc?

Spyder_1386 :)

No no errors.Like a half-pace work stoppage.I think i have drivers updated.Recently it hapens during hot days.I guess temperature rises so much that card cant work properly.As i said grafix is all mesed up after 5-6 h play hours.Will adding new cooler fix my problem?I am on Windosw Xp SP2

Yes,it is confirmed, my graphic card overheats,causing it to stop working properly.What is the best way to fix this?Put 3 powerful cooling fans in the case or service the graphic card?

As you suggested, a good clean and dedust can work wonders.

Case fans are also a good idea when properly installed, try to position them so air is moving through your case. An aftermarket gpu cooler is also a good option but is a little harder to install :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back