A high pitched buzzing noise on my PC speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi im shannon

Iv just finished building my pc a couple of days ago and i cant get rid of this horrible buzzing noise from my speakers.
It starts as soon as the pc gets to the windows loading screen then it is permanently there.
It gets louder with the volume its only once went away for a short time when i was loading WMP and i dont know why.
Iv checked all the other threads and my problem is different to everyone elses please can someone help me out here cheers.

Hello Shannon
My experience with noise in the speakers is that it usually is coming in through the speaker's power adapter, although defective audio cables may also cause the problem.

I would suggest... (in this order)
1. Swap your surge protector for a known good, and see if that resolves the noise.
2. Swap the audio cable (the one that attaches between your speakers and the audio out port on the computer).
3. Swap speakers for known good.
If none of these solve your issue, then it could be a bad sound card in your computer.

As BOOKWyrm suggests, first thing would be to swap with speakers you know work. You'll find out right then if it's the speakers or something else.

As always, make sure you have the most up-to-date sound drivers (whether sound card or motherboard based).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back