TechSpot

A little bit retro...

By CaptPajamaShark
Oct 9, 2007
  1. I know this is a Windows area, but I'm not sure if this is for all OS's from microsoft or just Windows. I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

I recently obtained, legally, an .iso from the last stand-alone version of DOS (6.22) and I was wondering if anyone could help me install it on a dual boot (or tell me if that's not possible with DOS if it isn't) I frequently find myself using DOS for most of the time that I'm on windows and I use linux for most else. So I decided it would be less taxing on my system to just use the stand-alone DOS instead, for those things that absolutly require windows (all of which for me are DOS only programs).

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

See HERE, it may help.

Regards Howard :)

3. CaptPajamaShark

CaptPajamaShark TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 30

Is there a way to lets say...dual boot it...oh lets say Linux without uninstalling Linux first?

That article is great but only gives the instructions for the Windows/Windows situation.

4. howard_hopkinso

The simple answer is I don`t know mate.

Whether anyone else here will know remains to be seen.

Sorry I couldn`t be of more help.

5. CaptPajamaShark

CaptPajamaShark TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 30

That's fine, it's mostly for novelty in the first place...you don't know where I can get a copy of MULTICS do you?

6. howard_hopkinso

No I don`t. Wasn`t MULTICS an OS invented to run on mainframe computers?

Maybe you`ll find some useful info HERE.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.