A little help needed ;computer shutting down/not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a sony vaio p8400/3gb ram/250gb hd .
once unknowingly my comp was not plugged in.& it shut down when the battery was empty.
it started ,no probs.there. but it started to behave awkwardly since then . Once again this happened my battery indicator in the taskbarbar was gone. i managed to recover it from taskbar properties->notification area . but the battery started showing a max of 80% . the charging lights on the outside didnot bleep . Next time it happened the volume control was gone .
But the real prob was yesterday .it was some half charged showing .suddenly it went off .i started it . it showed something rescue . it went off . i charged it .it was showing the charging lights again after so much time. i went off again . it starts in safe mode & then it is off sometimes immediately ;at other times after restarting again . if i charge it when off it shows the charging lights which goes off as soon as windows starts in normal mode.
is this a problem with the damn vista or some hardware issue.

i love my machine & i use it to download & upload torrents for 24hours at a strech sometimes.
i love the net . cant live without it .
Give me a life

If the battery is more than a year old, it is done...
If you have discharged it a lot, it is done.
Time to buy a new battery as there is no way to deal with this one. There are some good ones on eBay at half the US price that work fine... but you have to shop carefully.
All laptops licensed for sale in the USA and many other countries are required to have a chip that tracks the battery use and shuts it down before it can be of danger to the public. So the chip counts a number of things that are not made public... one, among many, is the age of the battery. Another is the number of total discharges. Another is voltage defects... Then there are chip errors as well.
The bottom line is that when the monitoring chip says you are done, you are done... unless it was still under warranty by Sony... usually they are warranteed for one year.
If your batter is less than a year old, call Sony... They will send you a refurbished battery that will last until at least the end of the warranty period... but not a new one that will last for an entire year.
If the battery or the laptop is out of warranty, it is time to get that new battery poste haste.

I'd try flushing the capacitors first cuz it sounds to be a choppy issue. To do that, hold down the power button for about 30 seconds.

if that doesn't work, try using it with out the battery with it plugged in. if you don't have problems, replace your batter.

if you do have problems still, then its not your battery, i'd run a diagnostic on your system. if its a hardware error, i'd bet on your ram.

If you've determined that its not a hardware problem, try recovering the computer or even using a previous restore point to restore the system if at all possible.

That should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back