A Mysteriously long halt during bootup process on a fast comp (Pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I boot up eveything goes fast and smooth up to a point where I can`t start iexplorer, nor outlook, but can browse the internet with firefox, nor run games or Microsoft Word. There is a halt for about 3-5 minutes where the computer does nad, absolutely no process activity , and the only the thing I can do is to browse the internet through firefox until the additional processes have been added after 3-5 minutes as are shown in the picture. A few of the added processes seems to be Mcafee but the rest are network-related, since I´ve tried reinstalling both Mcafee firefall, Virusprotection and Antispyware without any success.
This is before the halt: http://hem.bredband.net/nimkam/before.jpg
This is after http://hem.bredband.net/nimkam/after.jpg
Does anyone have a clue why the network services (I think) does take such a annoying long time to kick started even though I can surf through firefox while ie hangs during that 3-5minute halt?

I have tried spybot search and destroy, Mcafee antispyware, lavasoft adaware without any success. And registry Mechanic 5.1, and Microsoft Bootvis (which crashes when i try to optimize the bootup since it thinks the system has finished loading after a short period of time before the long 3-5 halt where it does nothing, up until the processes have kicked in in the pick after.jpg

I might also add the only visible thing happening after the 3-5min halt of no computer activity when the additional processes as shown on the picks starts loadig is that the "two little monitors showing internet-activity pop up" even though I can browse with firefox during the halt.

Best regards Joe

I don't know for sure ,but I think you have hardware failure/corrupt drivers for hardware
the service is running because the reg service cannot run wmi takes over to try and start the services
the first thing I would do is disable error halt on boot or run
right click my computer /properties/advanced /error reporting
now go to bios and disable boot error stops may have to dig around to find it
leave keyboard and mouse set.
disable ACPI
disable any type of error reporting
check event log viewer

Hi again

Thank you, turning off error monitoring didn`t help but I checked the event log as you said and what I see is an error efter the 3-5min halt before the other services kicks in.

Error nr1 : Service Control Manager "The Service WebClient registrered in mode 87." ID: 7016

Error nr2 : The service WebClient stopped during start.

I´ll try to see if I can find some solution to this in the forums.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back