A new low for us in America

Status
Not open for further replies.

scavengerspc

TechSpot Elite
Remember all the protests in America against opression, for anti hunger and anti poverty over the previous decades.
Well now other countries are protesting for us:

I thought dropping to 2nd world country status in the last few years was bad enough. And I thought that dropping out of the top 10 in quality of life in 2018 for the first time ever was embarrassing. In many ways, this may be a new low.

Last edited:
I'm surprised you have only been embarrassed the last few years.
Well, ok maybe 3 years? In Dec. of 2016 our quality of life rating was 3rd.

But honestly, the main point was that other countries are protesting to help us get back on track. Like we used to do for other nations for decades. Embarrasing as hell.

Before I say what I wanna say, What the cop did was disgusting. He must go to prison for that.

Here goes: Pointing a gun to a pregnant woman stomach, while your accomplices search the house for money is plain evil. Yea, that's mister Floyd in his early days.
I lost any empathy for him right after I have learned about this.
Now tell me, how many people know about this murdered person's past? 5%? fewer? There is one freaking video and not a single other source sharing this info.
And I will tell you more, was this piece on information more available there would not be as many people supporting mister Floyd. So what, there was only one brave person to mention this anywhere? Cowards and hypocrites...
Let me know if you cant find the Youtube video regarding this.

The US was stolen from the Indians. This country was founded on an embarrassment.
I'm 2nd gen. half Navajo on my Moms side so yea brother I have been there with that since I was a little kid. I spent a good part of my childhood\teen years at the Navajo Nation in Arizona and my entire 5th-grade education was at the Colorado River Indian reservation.

Before I say what I wanna say, What the cop did was disgusting. He must go to prison for that.

Here goes: Pointing a gun to a pregnant woman stomach, while your accomplices search the house for money is plain evil. Yea, that's mister Floyd in his early days.
I lost any empathy for him right after I have learned about this.
Now tell me, how many people know about this murdered person's past? 5%? fewer? There is one freaking video and not a single other source sharing this info.
And I will tell you more, was this piece on information more available there would not be as many people supporting mister Floyd. So what, there was only one brave person to mention this anywhere? Cowards and hypocrites...
Let me know if you cant find the Youtube video regarding this.
OK I see what you are saying but that was 12 years ago. People do change.

OK I see what you are saying but that was 12 years ago. People do change.
I guess. Holding a gun at a pregnant woman, you are playing with her unborn baby, not to mention the possibility of her losing her mental stability and well being. IF any of your women went through that and you still had it in your heart to feel compassion for the criminal, I will respect you for that. Maybe I will even admin that your heart is much bigger than mine.
But coming from a lawless eastern European country, I despise violent crimes and people doing them with my everything. I just want them away from peaceful people who wanna build a peaceful happy life in their cities.

I guess. Holding a gun at a pregnant woman, you are playing with her unborn baby, not to mention the possibility of her losing her mental stability and well being. IF any of your women went through that and you still had it in your heart to feel compassion for the criminal, I will respect you for that. Maybe I will even admin that your heart is much bigger than mine.
But coming from a lawless eastern European country, I despise violent crimes and people doing them with my everything. I just want them away from peaceful people who wanna build a peaceful happy life in their cities.
Truth is I don't disagree with a thing you said. I guess I am looking to it as an outsider. And as a side note, I hope where ever you are now is better for you and your family. Take care.

The US was stolen from the Indians. This country was founded on an embarrassment.
The territory that now comprises the US was stolen from the Indians (native Americans), mostly by the British. We bought a big chunk of it from the French. (see, "Louisiana Purchase").

Every empire in history was for all intents and purposes, "built on stolen land" Do you think Alexander the Great peacefully moved from village to village, offering to buy the resident's huts for above fair market value? How about the Egyptians, do you think they allowed the Israelites to form trade unions while building the pyramids?

Try not to pass off bullsh!t millennial memes as "wisdom" or "insight", s'il vous plait

Last edited:
You didn't invalidate my comment at all. What you did was go outside the bounds of a new low for us in America.
Go talk down to one of the noobs

Your post wasn't even on topic. Nor does it make any sense Basically you're claiming that racism exists because, "America is built on stolen land". Tying to two things together is absurd, abstract, and senseless.

It's was just a rehash of a worn out SJW millennial meme, nothing more.

Last edited:
Is there still a lot of protests around the US right now? (I'm in Europe currently so I wanted to know)...[ ].
Yes, they're still going strong, but the violence, looting, rubber bullets, and tear gas, have abated in large part..

Please discontinue your personal arguments in this thread. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back