TechSpot

A question about Avast audible & pop up updates

By learninmypc
Oct 7, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. In previous versions of Avast, I'd get a pop up & a female voice telling me my Avast definitions have been updated. I have not been seeing/hearing them & have NOT changed ANY settings. Any help on getting them back if possible would be nice, thanks.:)

2. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TS Booster Posts: 902   +39

So, under Settings > Sounds, all the boxes are checked? What about Popups? Mine is the default 20 seconds.

If those are there, then maybe go into the Control Panel > Programs & Features. Select Avast from the list, then click on Uninstall/Change, one of the options is Repair. See if that fixes it. I'd assume the repair options exists in XP.

3. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 5,302   +238

Same as yours. I'll try the repair option later. I have to leave for a bit,thanks.

4. learninmypc

I did what I think was the repair option, will see if it worked,thanks.:)

5. learninmypc

It didn't work so I guess the next program update I might do a clean install. Thanks for your help.:)

6. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TS Booster Posts: 902   +39

That sucks. Clean install should fix it.

7. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,128

Make sure you don't have Silent/Gaming mode on. Its on the Summary tap of the main window under Current Status, Im use Avast Internet Security so this might be different for you.

8. learninmypc

I just unchecked it, we'll see & thanks.

9. learninmypc

SUCCESS, I heard her & saw the pop up, thanks,I feel better.:grinthumb

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.