A question about Malwarebytes-Antimalware (mbam)

learninmypc

After the latest program update for Mbam, my first full scan was in excess of 2 hours. The next one was 90 minutes or less & so were the next 2 or 3.
Today I ran a full scan & it too was in excess of 2 hours. Nothing has been added to or removed from my pc so I don't understand why the big difference.
I'm only curious,just thought I'd ask. TIA.:)

Did the scan find anything?
There always seems to be some timing variety in the free versions of infestation scanners such as Malwarebytes, SuperAnti, Microsoft Security Essentials, and others of similar ilk.
I wouldn't worry too much about it... but do your scans as regularly as possible.
The paid versions always seem to work more rapidly for us... so I think there is some comparative sales effort going on there... but that is only a guess.

Did the scan find anything?
There always seems to be some timing variety in the free versions of infestation scanners such as Malwarebytes, SuperAnti, Microsoft Security Essentials, and others of similar ilk.
I wouldn't worry too much about it... but do your scans as regularly as possible.
The paid versions always seem to work more rapidly for us... so I think there is some comparative sales effort going on there... but that is only a guess.

No, the scan(s) have found nothing.I should of added I always update before I run them.
It may sound weird to some, but I find myself running scans just to kill time.:) Thankfully I have a clean maching.:cool:
Thanks for your reply.

Back