A question about "referrals"

Rik

Hi all, just wondered about the "referrals" part on my profile!!!!

Am i correct in thinking that it means people that have contacted me on messenger for example???

Just want to clarify things!!!!:)

Hi rik.

This is taken from HERE.

What are referrals?

The administrator may have enabled referrals, which allows you to be credited for any new users you invite to the forum.

You gain referrals by promoting TechSpot OpenBoards using your unique referral link. The link you should use as your referral link is this:

Removed my referral link. ;)

Each time someone follows this link to TechSpot OpenBoards and registers as a new member, your referral count will be incremented by one. The number of referrals you have can be viewed in your profile.

Your administrator will have more information on any prizes or rewards that may be given out for referrals. Please be courteous when promoting TechSpot OpenBoards by not spamming other web sites with your referral link just to gain referrals.

Regards Howard :)

Thanx for the answer Howard, i have a referral count of 1 but i have no idea how it happened, i don't recall referring anyone!!!!!

Weird, I had one, IDK who gave my user name, but it got deleted.

Magic lol :suspiciou

I have referred 2 members, and I have not received anything.....and that's because my referral ID is not posted anywhere in my options. I'm just wondering where it would be, so I the next time I tell someone about TechSpot, I can send them the correct link. My vB forum has a registration referral system when you register, which seems a little easier.

Okay, that solves the problem :D, thank you Howard :wave: !

*tattoos url on arm* :p

I think I attempted to put Howard as a referral, but messed up and didn't spell it right! Sorry Howard! :(

lol, I was only kidding. Of course I haven't recieved anything, I never do, about 3-4 years ago we had a contest, and I was one that 'won' a hat along with several others. I gave my address and everything, never saw the hat, meanwhile other people recieved theirs (but I don't think everyone did).

Why don't we just use the default registration system that allows you to enter a referral there?

I customized and simplified the registration process months ago in order to annoy as little as possible real members wanting to join our community. In the other hand I toughened somewhat the security so bots won't have such an easy job subscribing and spamming the site. Then again, manually registering and using a real email address (even if for bad purposes) will grant you 'registered access' no matter what, so there is no absolute filter for spammers, etc.

Okay; I will keep record of my referral number. Now when I tell people about TechsSpot, I'll send them the link to register with :) .

Back