A question about WOT

WOT indeed says, “Warning! This site has a poor reputation.” But it adds, “Users’ ratings on this site vary strongly. Leave your own rating for clarification.”

However, my other three web guards declare the site tested and OK. Believing them, I visited the site and nothing sinister happened to me. Consequently, in my view, your friend is right and it's the subject of the content that makes the site unacceptable to some, or to many.

I go on to say that WOT relies on people's opinions and hence errors, interests and motivations. For this reason, I prefer other, technically objective web guards and don’t use WOT.

WOT indeed says, “Warning! This site has a poor reputation.” But it adds, “Users’ ratings on this site vary strongly. Leave your own rating for clarification.”

However, my other three web guards declare the site tested and OK. Believing them, I visited the site and nothing sinister happened to me. Consequently, in my view, your friend is right and it's the subject of the content that makes the site unacceptable to some, or to many.

I go on to say that WOT relies on people's opinions and hence errors, interests and motivations. For this reason, I prefer other, technically objective web guards and don’t use WOT.
Thank you for your input.

Bobcat, may I ask what you use instead of WOT? Hopefully its free.TIA(y)

Back