TechSpot

A question for Broni or Tmagic650 regarding rootkits

By learninmypc
Jun 14, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I've noticed the newest version of M-bam has an option to scan for rootkits
    M-bam scan for rootkits.JPG
    & in scans Broni has requested
    Mbar anti rootkit.JPG
    Although the one in M-bam takes longer, are they basically the same thing? TIA :)
  2. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 5,189   +230

@Tmagic650 & @Broni I know you two are busy, but are they one in the same, or not ? :)
  3. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,757   +165

Yes , Accept. A stand a lone one dose better. When cleaning a computer that is highly infected. Least wise it has always for me.
  4. learninmypc

5. Cobalt006

Not really saying that. Malwarebytes -Anti- Malware is a great program. Even for scanning for rootkits. I just prefer to use some stand alone programs such as TDSSkiller. When working with a highly infected computer. Both programs do the same thing. As with any cleaner. One might find something the other did not.
  6. learninmypc

Ok, I guess I should of elaborated a bit. Are the resulting scans from TDSSkiller easy to read & understand for a partial novice? I'm probably confusing myself too much now. :)
  7. Cobalt006

8. learninmypc

Funny you said that, I just downloaded it from TS & was getting ready to run it when you replied. Thank & thank you from my tired brain :)
  9. Cobalt006

Your welcome:)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.