TechSpot

A question for Broni or Tmagic650 regarding rootkits

By learninmypc
Jun 14, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I've noticed the newest version of M-bam has an option to scan for rootkits
    M-bam scan for rootkits.JPG
    & in scans Broni has requested
    Mbar anti rootkit.JPG
    Although the one in M-bam takes longer, are they basically the same thing? TIA :)

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 6,324   +327

@Tmagic650 & @Broni I know you two are busy, but are they one in the same, or not ? :)

3. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Guru Posts: 1,776   +241

Yes , Accept. A stand a lone one dose better. When cleaning a computer that is highly infected. Least wise it has always for me.

4. learninmypc

5. Cobalt006

Not really saying that. Malwarebytes -Anti- Malware is a great program. Even for scanning for rootkits. I just prefer to use some stand alone programs such as TDSSkiller. When working with a highly infected computer. Both programs do the same thing. As with any cleaner. One might find something the other did not.

6. learninmypc

Ok, I guess I should of elaborated a bit. Are the resulting scans from TDSSkiller easy to read & understand for a partial novice? I'm probably confusing myself too much now. :)

7. Cobalt006

8. learninmypc

Funny you said that, I just downloaded it from TS & was getting ready to run it when you replied. Thank & thank you from my tired brain :)

9. Cobalt006

Your welcome:)