A question of Drivers and System Restores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirei Blossom

Hi,

A while back, I needed to update my drivers to NVIDIA Geforce MX/MX400 and Creative Audio PCI sound drivers.

Last week, I reformatted the harddrive, and put those two drivers back in again. Everything worked fine.

Yesterday, I needed to do a Systems Restore and restored back to before I put the two drivers in.

Question: Did the systems restore roll back the drivers too? Because I just decided I'd put the NVIDIA thing back in once more, and it installed but after I restarted, the whole screen resolution and colours were messed up and it was saying the colour setting was running at the Lowest 4bits. There was no way to change it back to highest 32 bit colour.

Anyway, I restored back to before I put the NVIDIA in. Now I don't know what to do. Do I need to update these drivers? Why were they updating before, but not updating after the systems restore?

Thanks very much! I cleaned Nvidia and it updated without any problems.

Before I update the Creative PCI drivers, I think I need to run DCPro again? Because updating it right now gives me the message that my computer already has the software which is better than the one I'm trying to install. Should I choose to clean "Creative Audio" in the cleaner?

Actually... do I even need to update my drivers when everything seems to be running okay? Last time I updated them when my sound completely disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back