A specific google problem with all browsers "The connection was reset"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikka

Whenever I try to enter into whatever google-related site(google, gmail...), the page won't load and instead throws me the following message:

"The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

So far, all other sites work normally. Please help.

What happens if you do a Google search?

You say 'Google-related' but that covers a lot of territory.Can you please pin that down some?

It is possible that specific sites can be having server problems, but "Google" is a big world! And the connection broken message usually has a box that says "Try Again". What happens when you do that.

"Try again" results in the same message. Google-related in this case seems to mean all www.google.com domains and their derivatives like www.gmail.com.

EDIT: Chrome throw me this error message when attempting to open a google page:

"This webpage is not available.

The webpage at http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=ölsdfa might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error
Below is the original error message

Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error."

That URL bring up a Google search page with only 1 entry: it's for a [PDF] file on:
Variable Block Size Motion Estimation Hardware for Video Encoders.

The PDF doc loaded for me so it's up. There is something at the ending which looks like it may be a language problem: +ölsdfa.

Are other sites in the Google Domain of the same language?

If you are using any shortcuts to access like Favorites, Bookmarks or other, try typing the URL into the Address Bar. It might be that the shortcuts you are using are corrupt or outdated.

I have been using the address bar.

What do you mean by other domains being the same language? Same language with what?

I also didn't understand the part about PDF. What has PDF got to do with this?

Anyway, thanks for your time and help!

I also didn't understand the part about PDF. What has PDF got to do with this?

You left one "for instance" URL:
The webpage at http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...&q=ölsdfa might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

I accessed that page and there was only one site listed. It was for the PDF document I quoted to you. PDF is the format the Adobe Reader 'reads'. I looked at the URL in the Address bar and noticed that the last part of the URL was actually displaying this:

sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=ölsdfa

instead of this:

sourcei...&q=%C3%B6lsdfa

What do you mean by other domains being the same language? Same language with what?

I mean that the word ölsdfa is not English.

What does it mean? I'm not sure. I don't have enough information to go further. But it is possible that all you sites or searches involving the Google Domain might be getting redirected.

Did you recognize the article I left? Is that what you are trying to access?

Oh, I'm sorry, ölsdfa is just something i wrote on the searchbar to copypaste the following error message. It was just my way to quickly access a google domain.

I have no idea why you would do such a thing! You're telling us that nothing comes up that's in the Google Domain- then you leave a 'for instance' example that you have rigged for 'your convenience', unknown to us!

Someone else will have to waste their time trying to track down your problem because I am through.

Whether this is a joke or just plain thoughtlessness, you simply do not mislead those who are trying to help you resolve a problem in such a stupid way! We can only go by the information we're given!

I'm very sorry. I really am! My purpose was not to make it more difficult for you. On the contrary! That error message came from a random google search for "ölsdfa". I did this to demonstrate that even a random google search leads to an error! I didn't know it will just be confusing.

Here's the error message just for entering google.com on the address bar (without search):

The webpage at http://www.google.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error
Below is the original error message

Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error."

I really appreciate ANY time ANYONE is putting on my problem. That means you for now!

Thank you. You actually had posted the error, but the URL threw me. Sorry for the grouch.

This happens on Chrome and you mention also on 'all browsers'. That includes IE also? You will be pleased to know there are a lot of other users experiencing the same problem.

Let's see if you're really getting through or getting hijacked:

Bring up the Command screen: Start > Run > Type in cmd > Press Enter

Then type in tracert www.google.com > Press Enter.

Let it finish, then copy and paste the results.

I would just like to specify that I performed the google search via the search bar in the browser, not through google main page, since I couldn't get there. And yes, IE cant access google either.

Really, many others are having the same problem? What is this all about?

Here are the results of tracert:

"C:\Users\Ramin>tracert www.google.com

Tracing route to www.google.com [89.149.227.223]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 2 ms buffalo.setup [192.168.11.1]
2 2 ms 2 ms 1 ms sta3-213-139-183-241.psoasnet.fi [213.139.183.24
1]
3 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms sta3-213-139-183-229.psoasnet.fi [213.139.183.22
9]
4 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms oul1-tr1.dnaip.fi [62.78.108.48]
5 14 ms 15 ms 13 ms oul2-tr1.dnaip.fi [62.78.107.14]
6 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms tur1-tr1.dnaip.fi [62.78.107.18]
7 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms tuk1-tr1.dnaip.fi [62.78.107.51]
8 13 ms 14 ms 13 ms xe-11-1-0-xcr1.skt.cw.net [166.63.221.197]
9 14 ms 14 ms 17 ms gblx-gw.skt.cw.net [195.2.22.46]
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Ramin>"

Well, you've had a trip around the world and gotten nowhere. Right out of the bar, you've been set up to access a German site, you go to Finland, to New York, then back to the European Union!

Tracing route to www.google.com 89.149.227.223

This IP is for NETDIRECT-NET in Germany.

You are being redirected right from the start. I can help you with resetting the router, but after that, you will need to follow the steps HERE and have someone help you with the malware

You will need to reset your router.
Start> Run> type cmd> enter> at the C prompt type ipconfig /flushdns (note space before the /)

Exit the Command prompt when finished and shut the system down.

• [1]. Shut down your computer, and any other computer connected to your router.
    [2]. On the back of the router, there should be a small hole or button labelled RESET. Using a bent paper clip or similar item, hold that in continuously for twenty seconds.
    [3]. Unplug the router. Wait sixty seconds.
    [4].Now holding again the reset button, plug it back in. Continue holding the reset button for twenty seconds. Unplug the router again.
    [5].With the router unplugged, start your computer.
    [6].Connect to the router again. The turn the router back on.
    [7].When it stabilizes, reboot your workstation and try to access the internet. If you have any issues, access the Router configuration page and re-enter your authentication information.
    [8]. Reboot the system and test the internet. You may have to reconfigure the router settings based on your setup.

Please note: this does not get rid of the malware. It might restore your router while you are doing it though, so please follow through.

>>> Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error."

Connection Reset is a web server side condition. There can be many root causes:
  • server too busy
  • too many SSL connections
  • SSL Cert error
  • logon/registration failures + poor programming practices

you need the full url to be given to a friend and
(s)he needs to access it immediately when you get Connection Error; If both of you fail, q.e.d it's the server.
if not, then there's some path error between you and the website

jobeard, did you realize that ALL Google Domains site give the error and that NO Google Domain sites can be accessed?

that's certainly interesting --
but I stick with the comment that Connection Reset is from the remote 'whatever-it-is' that was accessed;
the dns, the website or something in the path of access. That's just TCP.

I have another laptop on my side which has access to internet through the same router and it functions perfectly normally. So, the problem seems not to be in the router, nor in the server but in this very laptop. Bear in mind that ALL other domains function properly so far...

Thanks for your time and effort!

Have you ever check to make sure there is no block on Google? Look in the sites in the Restricted Zone in Security section of Internet Options.

Control Panel> Internet options> Security tab> Restricted Zone> Sites

Occasionally a domain will get blocked, like a sender can get blocked with no action from us.

It would also be timely for you to run a HijackThis log. The problem is finding someone here who can review it. There's another program that would also give needed detail, but there again, no on to read it.

Have you ever check to make sure there is no block on Google? Look in the sites in the Restricted Zone in Security section of Internet Options.

Control Panel> Internet options> Security tab> Restricted Zone> Sites

Occasionally a domain will get blocked, like a sender can get blocked with no action from us.

It would also be timely for you to run a HijackThis log. The problem is finding someone here who can review it. There's another program that would also give needed detail, but there again, no on to read it.

Internet options look normal. Now I noticed that I can't enter www.bing.com either And yahoo search results in the same error message although I can enter www.yahoo.com. I just doesn't throw the error until I click on search. The only search engine that is currently working seems to be www.altavista.com!

Then I will advise that you check for malware. The last sentence in my reply still goes: At least run HijackThis. It might give some indication to a helper on what to check further.

I can't open my Task Manager. Could these problems be related. I've heard that many malware close the Task Manager as soon as it is opened.

I also have Malwarebyte AntiMalware and AVG installed at the same time, can it cause problems? The AVG is a licensed (paid) version.

At running HijackThis, it threw me an error saying that "For some reason your system denied write access to the Hosts file. If any hijacked domains are in this file, HjackThis may NOT be able to fix this". It let's me continue from there so, here is the log file from running HijackThis:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 19:46:46, on 27.9.2009
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18813)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe
C:\Program Files\Launch Manager\QtZgAcer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Play Movie\PMVService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\TweakNow PowerPack 2009\CDAuto.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Users\Ramin\AppData\Local\Temp\RtkBtMnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\KHAL2\KHALMNPR.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Windows\system32\conime.exe
C:\Program Files\Fraps\fraps.exe
C:\Windows\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Java\jre6\bin\jp2launcher.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

And the second part:

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://fi.intl.acer.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://fi.intl.acer.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 4-open-davinci.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 securitysoftwarepayments.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 privatesecuredpayments.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 secure.privatesecuredpayments.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 getantivirusplusnow.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 secure-plus-payments.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 www.getantivirusplusnow.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 www.secure-plus-payments.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 www.getavplusnow.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 www.securesoftwarebill.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 secure.paysecuresystem.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 paysoftbillsolution.com
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 4-open-davinci.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 securitysoftwarepayments.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 privatesecuredpayments.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 secure.privatesecuredpayments.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 getantivirusplusnow.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 secure-plus-payments.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 www.getantivirusplusnow.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 www.secure-plus-payments.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 www.getavplusnow.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 www.securesoftwarebill.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 secure.paysecuresystem.com
O1 - Hosts: 74.125.45.100 paysoftbillsolution.com
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Winamp Toolbar Loader - {25CEE8EC-5730-41bc-8B58-22DDC8AB8C20} - C:\Program Files\Winamp Toolbar\winamptb.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.1.1309.3572\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Acer eDataSecurity Management - {5CBE3B7C-1E47-477e-A7DD-396DB0476E29} - C:\Windows\system32\eDStoolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Winamp Toolbar - {EBF2BA02-9094-4c5a-858B-BB198F3D8DE2} - C:\Program Files\Winamp Toolbar\winamptb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PLFSet] rundll32.exe C:\Windows\PLFSet.dll,PLFDefSetting
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LManager] C:\PROGRA~1\LAUNCH~1\QtZgAcer.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PlayMovie] "C:\Program Files\Acer Arcade Deluxe\Play Movie\PMVService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WarReg_PopUp] C:\Acer\WR_PopUp\WarReg_PopUp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer] KHALMNPR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvSvc] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\nvsvc.dll,nvsvcStart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRISOVM.EXE] C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CD Autorun] C:\Program Files\TweakNow PowerPack 2009\CDAuto.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EA Core] "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EADM\Core.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Users\Ramin\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-405891301-2258504642-1215864348-1000\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-405891301-2258504642-1215864348-1000\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Users\Ramin\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-405891301-2258504642-1215864348-1000\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Acer Tour Reminder] C:\Acer\AcerTour\Reminder.exe (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [Acer Tour Reminder] C:\Acer\AcerTour\Reminder.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - S-1-5-21-405891301-2258504642-1215864348-1000 Startup: OneNote 2007 -näyttöleikkeet ja Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE (User '?')
O4 - S-1-5-21-405891301-2258504642-1215864348-1000 Startup: Ubisoft register.lnk = C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Register\schedule.exe (User '?')
O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 -näyttöleikkeet ja Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
O4 - Startup: Ubisoft register.lnk = C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Register\schedule.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Winamp Search - C:\ProgramData\Winamp Toolbar\ieToolbar\resources\en-US\local\search.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - res://C:\Windows\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: V&ie Microsoft Exceliin - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra button: Lähetä OneNoteen - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Läh&etä OneNoteen - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL

And the third:

O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG8 Firewall (avgfws8) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgfws8.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: eDataSecurity Service - HiTRSUT - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eDataSecurity\eDSService.exe
O23 - Service: eLock Service (eLockService) - Acer Inc. - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eLock\Service\eLockServ.exe
O23 - Service: eNet Service - Acer Inc. - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eNet\eNet Service.exe
O23 - Service: eRecovery Service (eRecoveryService) - Acer Inc. - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eRecovery\eRecoveryService.exe
O23 - Service: eSettings Service (eSettingsService) - Unknown owner - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eSettings\Service\capuserv.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Logitech Bluetooth Service (LBTServ) - Logitech, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\Bluetooth\LBTServ.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
O23 - Service: MobilityService - Unknown owner - C:\Acer\Mobility Center\MobilityService.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
O23 - Service: ePower Service (WMIService) - acer - C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\ePower\ePowerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

--
End of file - 13117 bytes

Yes, about two weeks ago I got Windows System Suite on this same computer. I got rid of it by the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware program. Maybe it left behind some traces?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back