A sticky about networking PCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nodsu

How about a sticky thread about setting up Windows Networking. It could be merged from the better threads we have on the subject. Kind of pointless to have a person coming in every week asking about how to make his laptop see his PC or whatever.

Excellent idea.
One place where everybody is able to find network help is:
Home computer networking and Internet connection sharing
HomeNetHelp.com is home computer networking and Internet connection sharing help for beginner and intermediate users. Product reviews that are easy to read, great tutorials, (NEW!)HomeNetHelp Shopping, forums, diagrams and more

http://www.homenethelp.com/

I'll take a look at it when I get home form work and try to find some good ones to merge. Unless anyone has any suggestions to post in here I"ll have a look.

I think the best thing would probably be to just make something like a basic FAQ type thread. Include the basics of differrent types of networks and address some common issues.
Looking over some old threads I notice that the majority of questions are just basic "how do I set up a network with x number of machines" and what equipment they need.

Well if someone wants to make one I'm sure myself or a supermod could make it sticky. The problem then becomes that if we don't lock it it gets filled with crap like most of the other ones that have came before it. If we do lock it it sits up there at the top as sticky and locked and then it becomes something that I fear people just see it as a "header" to the "real" threads and they just ignore it, and unfortunately then we are back here where we are now. Except we have 1 more thing in the "header" taking up more screen realestate.

don't just talk about it - write it.

basically, that's all you've have to do.

if its worth sticking it will get stuck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back