A sticky about networking PCs?

By Nodsu
Mar 17, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How about a sticky thread about setting up Windows Networking. It could be merged from the better threads we have on the subject. Kind of pointless to have a person coming in every week asking about how to make his laptop see his PC or whatever.
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

Excellent idea.
    One place where everybody is able to find network help is:
    http://www.homenethelp.com/
  3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I'll take a look at it when I get home form work and try to find some good ones to merge. Unless anyone has any suggestions to post in here I"ll have a look.
  4. StormBringer

StormBringer Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,871

I think the best thing would probably be to just make something like a basic FAQ type thread. Include the basics of differrent types of networks and address some common issues.
    Looking over some old threads I notice that the majority of questions are just basic "how do I set up a network with x number of machines" and what equipment they need.
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,284   +223

Well if someone wants to make one I'm sure myself or a supermod could make it sticky. The problem then becomes that if we don't lock it it gets filled with crap like most of the other ones that have came before it. If we do lock it it sits up there at the top as sticky and locked and then it becomes something that I fear people just see it as a "header" to the "real" threads and they just ignore it, and unfortunately then we are back here where we are now. Except we have 1 more thing in the "header" taking up more screen realestate.
  6. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

don't just talk about it - write it.

basically, that's all you've have to do.

if its worth sticking it will get stuck...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.