TechSpot

A stop error message,a crashed laptop,rebooting endlessly & unable to boot from a cd

By capucinenskinau
Nov 30, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello there

I have spent the whole afternoon looking at forum threads and yes i had a look at the aumha website

Suddenly this afternoon my laptop (HP Pavilion zt3019ea, with windows xp on it) stopped working and i got this black screen with "your computer didn't start successfully`" but that was just the beginning of all my problems.
    First I had to disable the automatic rebooting because the blue screen flashed too quickly.
    the error message is "0x00000024 (0x001902FE,0xF8AF7378,0xF8AF7874, 0x82E94805)" which is apparently a problem of corruption in the NTFS file system (i don't really know what it means)

I wanted to recover few important files on the hard disk (most of them are on external hard drive phew!) so downloaded and burnt the ubuntu thingie (live cd?).

That's when I realized it was going to be tough, as my computer wouldn't boot anything from the cd (i even changed the priority settings in the bios), meaning I couldn't even reformat my computer...

I have to say that few months ago my computer had started taking LOTS of time to start up (like 10 min) but because of personal reasons I didn't get to get on with it and reformat my hard drive then...

hopefully you could help?

I'm a bit desperate...

thanks!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.