A stop error message,a crashed laptop,rebooting endlessly & unable to boot from a cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there

I have spent the whole afternoon looking at forum threads and yes i had a look at the aumha website

Suddenly this afternoon my laptop (HP Pavilion zt3019ea, with windows xp on it) stopped working and i got this black screen with "your computer didn't start successfully`" but that was just the beginning of all my problems.
First I had to disable the automatic rebooting because the blue screen flashed too quickly.
the error message is "0x00000024 (0x001902FE,0xF8AF7378,0xF8AF7874, 0x82E94805)" which is apparently a problem of corruption in the NTFS file system (i don't really know what it means)

I wanted to recover few important files on the hard disk (most of them are on external hard drive phew!) so downloaded and burnt the ubuntu thingie (live cd?).

That's when I realized it was going to be tough, as my computer wouldn't boot anything from the cd (i even changed the priority settings in the bios), meaning I couldn't even reformat my computer...

I have to say that few months ago my computer had started taking LOTS of time to start up (like 10 min) but because of personal reasons I didn't get to get on with it and reformat my hard drive then...

hopefully you could help?

I'm a bit desperate...

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back