TechSpot

A Strange Problem

By reeo
Sep 10, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I'm new to this useful forum.
    I join with a really annoying but strange problem.

All of a sudden my windows and fonts are now huge.
    My resolution is 1680x1050 and i have messed around with others but it's still the same....

Problem is that the fonts are too big for some right click menu's, even after i have changed font size in properties. its just like my pc is for a partially blind person or a child.
    The start menu is now huge too...I'm using windowblinds but its nothing to do with that.

I have one clue though. i did have a dreaded 'automatic update' and i seems that after this the nightmare began.

When i say huge, i mean it just seems wierdly oversized..

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

Okay, knock the resolution down. I can't suggest to where because you don't give any information about your computer specs.

Once that is done, you can re-size the fonts and icons:
    Control Panel> Display> Settings tab> lower the resolution slowly, trying each new setting> Advanced button> make sure the DPI is in Normal> Appearance tab> Adjust the Font size, lower left> Effects> UNCHECK 'use large icons'> When all settings are made> Apply> OK.

Now that you know where these settings are, you can go back and re-adjust as needed. The monitor resolution is best closest to it's 'native resolution', but this does not always work for everyone.
  3. reeo

reeo TS Rookie Topic Starter

Magic! it was the Dpi yes.
    Thanks mate.

:haha:

Top forum too, been looking about and there's tons of good tips.
  4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

Great! You're very welcome. I got stuck with a bad DPI setting- remembered it, glad to pass the fix on!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.