A sub-forum for PC Building.

Rage_3K_Moiz

I've noticed over the time I've been part of TS, there's been a lot of threads regarding PC builds. So I suggest making a new forum on PC building and calling it Building a PC and How to Do it Right or something like that. What do you guys think?

I agree, my first real pc was built by me, and I like to share ideas and help when I can. Glad you thought of the idea.

That's the beginning of a good idea and I'd like to refine it a bit. Tutorial posts on how to build a PC are fine but I don't know if you need a whole forum for it. How many different ways do you build a PC anyway? Sure you use different brands and parts but the basics of assembly are more or less the same. Maybe those could be stickies in the new forum.

Maybe more on point might be a forum dedicated to helping people sort out their problems with their newly built PCs. Right now those posts are scattered all over the place. For example, a post gets put under the video section because the poster thinks it a graphic card problem but it might turn out to be a hard drive problem or the poster has no idea what the problem is and certainly has no clue as to where to post it so it is posted randomly.

Maybe a title could be something like: Problems With Your Newly Built PC

Or, you could make a Noob subforum, so that before we click on the link, we can know to expect the absolute worst, like someone letting their long hair get stuck in a fan then frying their system, or someone cleaning dust off fans with water and papertowel.

I don't think there is any reason to segregate someone who has never used a coputer before from the rest of us. We are all here for one of two reasons...1) We have a computer problem and need it solved, or 2) We are trying to help others with their problems.
I don't see anything good out of creating a Noob forum.

As far as the Building a PC forum, I'm not sure how well that will take off. As mailpup said, it's pretty much the same thing, just different brands. We have accomodated fine with them in Other Hardware, and CPU, Chipsets, & Mobos.

I've noticed over the time I've been part of TS, there's been a lot of threads regarding PC builds. So I suggest making a new forum on PC building and calling it Building a PC and How to Do it Right or something like that

Maybe more on point might be a forum dedicated to helping people sort out their problems with their newly built PCs. Right now those posts are scattered all over the place.

Maybe a title could be something like: Problems With Your Newly Built PC

It would take the clutter out of the other forums.

supersmashbrada said:
Or, you could make a Noob subforum, so that before we click on the link, we can know to expect the absolute worst, like someone letting their long hair get stuck in a fan then frying their system, or someone cleaning dust off fans with water and papertowel.

briliant :D made me chuckle

i think the new sub forum is a good idea, we get lots of posts about things like "which pc should i get" or "what do you think of these specs" so it would give them a home of their own

personally i work off the new posts feature and end up thinking "if only my specs were anything like that..." when reading a thread like that

Back