A third of Facebook users are planning to take a break this year

By Shawn Knight
Feb 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. A new study from Pew Internet Project reveals that a number of people are planning to reduce the amount of time they spend on Facebook this year. In fact, more than 60 percent of respondents say they have already taken...

Read more
  2. davislane1

davislane1 TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,191   +445

I jumped ship on Facebook before jumping ship on Facebook was cool. :cool:
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,825   +704

Someday something better will come along, millions of people will rush to sign up and forget about good ol' Facebook. It's human nature. Maybe it's just me or my old schools ways but I've never seen what's so great about Facebook.
  4. davislane1

davislane1 TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,191   +445

Vanity.
    VitalyT likes this.
  5. Jack Thompson

Jack Thompson Newcomer, in training

That means that the productivity at work will increase. I better start buying stocks.
  6. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,580   +488

A great chance to speak for people who's got nothing worthwhile to say :)
    Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  7. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 893   +98

Finally some positive news regarding the second biggest waste of time to be put on the internet. I am surprised that only "nine percent were fed up with excessive gossip and drama" that's all Facebook is, pointless drama and gossip, actually the reason why I got fed up myself. The relevance of the content is just none existent for the vast majority of what happens on Facebook, when you come to that conclusion you have no choice but to delete your account. The only thing I miss was sharing pictures with friends, now I use alternatives, but they still use Facebook unfortunately, but they'll smarten up eventually.
    davislane1 likes this.
  8. veLa

veLa TechSpot Booster Posts: 490   +75

Sadly without my smartphone the only tool for communication I have is FB
  9. soldier1969

soldier1969 TechSpot Booster Posts: 244   +43

I left FB over a year ago then came back recently but starting to regret coming back on, havent missed much.
  10. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 571   +98

Well good luck to them, all I can say.
  11. Lurker101

Lurker101 TechSpot Addict Posts: 626   +122

You're confusing social networking with politics.

Anyway, I'm wondering just how many people will do the same as I've done in that they take a short break from facebook and never come back.

12. Are they talking about FaceBook or World of Warcraft??? Anyone seeing a trend?
  13. Skidmarksdeluxe

If Facebook disappeared tomorrow I probably wouldn't notice.
  14. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 571   +98

Haters will, obviously. :)
  15. Skidmarksdeluxe

Where did I state I hated it? I merely alluded to it being superfluous to me. It's my opinion and my opinion only. If you're in love it, so be it.
  16. Okay easy there with your "superfluous" comments.

Millions of people also use this social tool to communicate with those they have not seen in years, create groups that allow in-person social functions to happen (As I am currently doing, with much success) and simply NOT using it for "Farmville" or what ever nonsense others may use it for. It's also their choice, so let the haters hate. They'll simply go to another social networking website immediately after.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.