A very unorthodox request

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalring

Hello guys, and Happy New Year!

I know this a computer forum but its such good forum with so many helpful people that I would like to c if you guys have some info or opinions about my present concern. I did look into other forums but they don't really compare. Also if you guys prefer to just direct my to a specialized forum I won't mind.

I'm very seriously thinking of buying this TV: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2456870&CatId=0

My concern is that Hisense if not a known brand at least to me. I have not been able to get info on them or reviews on the product. Could you guys please help me?

Never heard such brand before, but, i do have a suggestion for you.
Though this maybe inaccurate but, if i were u, i would search in google and google images and see :
-how many pages available
-does the website showing is international (i.e. many countries have it)
-review of the brand in various areas

Though this might sound ridiculous, i found it very accurate and at least better than doing nth.:)

contacts in all continent? not bad at all, but if you wish to do more *research*, i believe you could find a review of the product or at least one of the product of hisense.
Hisense established in "69 and suppose if it can survive till today, really good. and about the brand, i think it's from china, no wonder i never hear the brand before. But, please do not look down at chinese product as not all chinese product are bad.
Instead, some items from china has higher quality than other.

once again it's a just suggestion, if you're so desperate about buying it, all the choices are yours and i think that's a good choice indeed. hope you're very happy with it :)

You get what you pay for,

If its unkown model thats not popular,, just hope it doesnt have any problems with it,,

Should be ok ,,

Update: I actually ended up getting this: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2746087&CatId=0

I do have two issues tho, but since I'm a newbie at the HDTV game I'm not sure if they're normal.

1. Sometimes (it has happened twice in a couple of weeks) when I turn it on the screen flickers and its very unstable.
2. From time to time I hear a snapping noice, kindda like when you get shocked with a door knob or car door.

For the first issue, when it happens, I turn it off and turn it back on and it works fine.
Any ideas?

I don't have an HDTV but it doesn't sound normal to me. I would contact Tigerdirect for warranty repair or replacement. Check their website for procedures. Not to rain on your parade but from what I have read their service reputation isn't the best. Hopefully, you will have a good experience.

I feel ya and dude I want an lcd tv too don't care who makes it lmao!!! wal-mart has a no name 32" for 599.99 so your beating it by about 50 bucks..........but know this..........try taking something back to tiger then try wal-mart and tell me which is easier*winks* so figure in support in your equation even if its a no name

metalring said:
Yeah it does

Your unit may have a manufacturing defect or may have been damaged in shiping (especially if it was shipped UPS). It looks like you should probably RMA it.

I guess I'll do that, luckily I live in South FL so I have the TigerDirect.com HQ close by. Thank you for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back