TechSpot

A7N8X- E Deluxe Sata Problem

By timyc
Nov 8, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Attempting to run Seagate sata hard drives (non-raid configured) with this motherboad has proven a nightmare. I have done fresh WinXP installs , updated all drivers, established both my sata drives under the SiL3112 Rev.2 controler in Control panel, showing both drives running DMA ultra mode 6, the issue is: although the read rates on these drives are exceptable, it takes forever to write to these drives. I have reflashed my bios to 1013 using both the Asus and uber 1013. I have the latest SIL drivers for the SIL3112 controller. I can install my operating system on either of these drives and successfully boot. I can run them in conjunction with an ATA boot drive, the issue is in the slow writing to these sata drives.

System details: ArhlonXP 3200 Barton @ 2200 Mhz. Memory - Kingston KHX3200AK2/DDR/1G - also have tried Ultra ULT30215/3200/400DDR - Graphics ATI9700NP - Hard Drives: Seagate St3250620as & ST3120827as Power Supply: 400W Disk Drives: Asus CD 52X S520/A & Benq DVD LS DW1655

I have scanned for spyware and viruses, defragmented, run Seagate utilities, contacted Asus support (which was no help). Anyone run across this before?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.