A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Jason8

Im building a new rig and really cant afford to buy it all at once so im gonna buy a part at a time over the next 4/5/6 months, I suck at saving money so I have to do it this way instead of saving all the money up and then buying all the parts at the same time...LOL Anyway I was gonna get my motherboard now (ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX) but my question is will this board still be at the top in 6 months? I dont know much about all this hardware stuff so I dont know whats coming any time soon. I would hate to get this now and then 5/6 months from now a new better motherboard is out just when im about to get my new computer all bought.

You could always buy the other components first, and leave the mobo untill nearer the time for the actual build. That way you`d be more aware of what new mobo`s were around.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards Howard :) :)

it is one of the top 3 right now, the premium version of it is coming out soon, in the next 6 months im sure there will be new boards that will be vry good but no1 rly knows cus the companies dont tell us what their plans are

I think u can this way GFX card ( 7 series coming middle of next yer)

Second Dual core Pros (AMD or Intel)

Third Motherboard (whatever is good when u buy)

Fourth RAM

but they are interdependent and u might end up with one thing not working with another,

All the best anyway, let us know what u did.

How long would this kind of rig last me? Think this would play any games in the next 2/3 years without any upgrades?

Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD.

2 Video Cards: BFG Tech BFGR68512UOCX Geforce 6800Ultra 512MB GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 (Gonna use SLI).

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 FX55 ClawHammer/Hammer Integrated into Chip FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADAFX55ASBOX.

Memory: CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWINXP1024-3200XL.

2 Hard Drives: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA NCQ ST3160827AS-RK 160GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150.

Sound Card: CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro 8 (7.1) Channels PCI Interface.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional with SP2.

iT WILL...

1Jason8 said:
How long would this kind of rig last me? Think this would play any games in the next 2/3 years without any upgrades?

Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD.

2 Video Cards: BFG Tech BFGR68512UOCX Geforce 6800Ultra 512MB GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 (Gonna use SLI).

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 FX55 ClawHammer/Hammer Integrated into Chip FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADAFX55ASBOX.

Memory: CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWINXP1024-3200XL.

2 Hard Drives: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA NCQ ST3160827AS-RK 160GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150.

Sound Card: CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro 8 (7.1) Channels PCI Interface.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional with SP2.

All this stuff was outdated when it hit the stores but these are all good thing to pic and as it is a 939 system you can upgrade it alot, in 6 months the FX55 may be moved to the Athalon Name and a new FX releast like the FX57 I think will be the next FX but that is still a high end system.

withe the Asus mobo I would use the Asus 6800 Ultras not the BFG but that is your choice and some time Asus has deals where if you have Asus hardware you will get a discount on new Asus hardware. You know mail in copeis of proof of perchas and you get 100 back kind of things.

But yes that system looks good there are allready better nVidia cards then the 6800 ultra MSI has a card that is more or les two 6800 ultras in one and you can use two of them.

WIth PC unlike a Console the upgrade cycle is lot shorter that rig that u have mentioned will last 2 years max but then again u never know, with PC tech changes on a daily basis.
I think u can go for the BFG cards as they are OC and come with warrenty. between do check in at that MSI card site they have provided a nice offer for a SLI setup.

jason, that rig is pretty sweet, u will be able to play games for a few years

and kol_indian, u said the 7000 series is coming out next year? ya right, its coming out the 21st of this month

ripken204 said:
jason, that rig is pretty sweet, u will be able to play games for a few years

and kol_indian, u said the 7000 series is coming out next year? ya right, its coming out the 21st of this month

Ya sorry just saw the nesw today completely taken by surprise thanks for the info any way,

My old P4

My old P4 will runs every game out there, that system of your should run games at max settings for about two to three years. After that you will have to start dropping settings.
Your system is not that far from my system I just built and I plan to put a 4800 in soon that is the mofo cpu as I like to play songs and mp3s while I play and some of the other things I do, a dual core is better for.

... and just a little note, all Ultras are over clocked, that is what makes them ULTRA. :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back