Inactive Aa.hta Amazon Assistant pop-ups

I have looked up many many ways to delete or ''remove'' the 'virus' but nothing what there...

even if there was something they said to download 20 different programs.

my problem is that every 5-10 seconds a blank window pops up I close it but it opens back up again
its named 'C:\ Program Files (x86)\Amazon\Amazon Assistent\aa.hta'

its really bad part is that it takes 5.1mb of memory per 1 of blank pop ups... and if there is like 200 windows opened.... your pc starts to cry

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Hello. This is Indrek's mom. Sadly he passed away yesterday at 4 PM. He wanted to get his computer fixed. He said there was some type of virus? He drove to his friends house and wanted to ask for help, sadly his drive ended shortly... the police found an open beer container in his car. The investigation said he was on his phone and rammed into a semi-truck. We found this website opened on his laptop that somehow wasn't even touched after the accident. If u can close this topic we would appreciate it very.

- Mel

Back