AAO - people freeze in place

Status
Not open for further replies.

fujikazu

Recently after playing AAO and Combat Arms fine I'm now getting problems where people will freeze in place but keep doing their last action in AAO. Sometimes the server names will disappear, after I leave the game that froze, and reappear several minutes later or not at all unless I restart game.

Combat Arms I can play for a few minutes then goes back to the room select as if I left the game. And I can get back in only seconds later.

I haven't played War Rock in a while but it worked fine even when the other 2 didn't.

Is there something about the 1st two games that make them quit communicating with something somehow ? I'm thinking it has to do with the network I'm on.

BTW, I use BitTorrent all the time and works fine if that makes a difference.

If you use BitTorrent while you're playing the games, it could take bandwith from the games for it's download and cause the games to lag out. The only reason WR appeared to work fine was because you need next to no bandwith to connect to the server, since the game is P2P, and the only lag out checks are performed by the server.

I never use BT while I play online I was just giving examples of the programs I use.

But the comment you made about WR is interesting, being P2P like BT.

Since the network I'm on is periodaclly "worked on" perhaps it may have something to do with MTUs ? My bro is using a friend's 360 and had to change the MTUs for the IP it uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back