AC to DC adapter part needed

dg110270

I have a Gateway laptop model MX 7118. The serial number is N326161041342. My dog chewed the connector on the 100-240 volt AC to 19 volt DC converter and I need to replace the connector only. The rest of the converter works great. The connector is the one that plugs into the back of the laptop. I need the specs and size of the connector in order to search for it. Any help would be appreciated.

the gateway psu usually ends in the standard barrel connector, you can get them from maplins, take the laptop and psu to maplins etc they will sort it out

Not many places have a Maplins. But standard laptop power adapters are available on eBay from US Sellers and mine arrive in two or three days... work just as well as the regular Gateway power adapter...
Also often available at Directron.com, Frys.com, TechDepot.com, NewEgg.com, Krex.com, CDW.com, PCMall.com, and Best Buy.
Be aware that model has had a lot of trouble with the power jack breaking away from the motherboard.

I don't want to buy the whole adapter. I want to cut off the chewed plug and solder a new one on.
Ah yes, that is a very common situation, you can find plugs with chewed off cables at your local hardware store.

Back