Ac97 playing music so it sounds like the "Chipmunks"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sound from the on board ac97 on a Gigabyte motherboard running windows XP was alright until I was using Winamp to convert CD's to MP3's. Then the Chipmunks took over. The Winamp was delated and reinstalled with no change to the sound. It sounds the same whether using a CD in the CD player or running a file off the hard drive. It sounds like this whether I am using Winamp, Media Player or Real Player. There must be a setting somewhere that needs to be reset to the default. Any help would be appriciated.

My AC97 on gigabyte motherboard sometimes don have sound until i have to resense the jack the only the sound comes back.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Have you tried doing a system restore, to a point before you noticed the problem?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Unfortunately I have had this fault for a long time and have only now got back to looking at it. It appears it has been too long for system restore to keep the restore point.
Ihave searched system restore and cannot find the restore point.

Go into your device manager and uninstall your ac97 device, then reboot your system, then reinstall the drivers.

Regards Howard :) :)

Thanks Howard

Deleted device driver - finally found the drivers on the gigabyte dsc.
It is working Ok now - Thanks from a grumpy old man

help?

i think this is the trouble I'm having. When I uninstalled the driver the video slowed down but the sound disappeared. After installing and downloading and going nuts....I'm right back to fast sound and video again. What did you do to correct it? What is the gigabyte thingy you mentioned?

There are now 3 threads on this "chipmunks" problem in this forum. Perhaps everyone having this problem should read momalden's thread first because that one as of this posting is 40 replies long, surely there is some information in that that could be of help to you other guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back