TechSpot

ACAD2000 loading problem

By adrserv
Apr 14, 2008
  1. My ACAD2000 has just started with an error during loading both achlnkui.arx & acEplotx.arx cannot find a dll or other file that it needs. Has anybody got any ideas I have re-installed Acad but I still get the same messages ??

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Maybe, for those of us who are dummied, you can explain what you mean by:
    ACAD2000
    achlnkui.arx
    acEplotx.arx
    Acad
    in reference to your questions?

3. adrserv

adrserv Topic Starter

ACAD2000 is Autocad 2000 and the other two are files that are loaded during the initial loading of the program

4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Do you have Service Pack 2 installed? or did you install Service Pack 2 as an upgrade on a computer that had no service pack, or service pack 1? Get any Windows Error messages such as unable to find xxx.ver ?

5. adrserv

adrserv Topic Starter

I have not changed anything on the XP side and this problem started all of a sudden a few days ago maybe through a windows auto update ??. I have found today that copying the two files from the Common Files\autodesk shared folder into the Autocad 2000 folder they now load up automatically. There is still another dbx file that I can't get to load automatically and have to load it manually but the program all seems to work ok after I do, so that problem I will have to live with for a while until I get time to have another go.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.