Access Denied Error, but can't solve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

First off, I'm using Windows XP Home Edition in the UK, service pack 2. I have 3 drives, C (Where windows is installed) E (Where I keep all non-game files) And D (Where I keep gaming files).

Earlier today I rebooted from my XP disk and completely reformatted drive C and installed windows back there. When I now access "My Documents" I get the "E:\My Documents is not accessible, access is denied" message.

After doing some searching I found out it's because I had "My Documents" on my start menu before set to the folder on another drive which I didn't format, and now somehow all the security details are different because I've formatted and that folder was linked to the drive that was formatted. Now it won't let me in.

I did some looking and some things told me to turn off simple file sharing and take ownership of the folder, but my version of windows doesn't have ownership of files/folders so I'm struggling to grasp why this has happened.

I probably wouldn't be bothered but that folder has 3 years worth I photos I never printed and tons of videos to heh so it would be a shame to lose them.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back