"Access is Denied"

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I saw the thread aways back about this and that didn't solve it.

My situation is pretty sticky. My computer stopped starting, via a power surge (or at least that's the best theory), so I got my hard drive transfered onto a FireLite, thanks to a local Computer Helper. Instead of taking 10 hours to transfer, the guy just put the whole harddrive of my computer into the FireLite. This worked because the two were pretty much, if not totally the same.
So now I want to bring the Documents and Settings Folder with everything in it onto this computer.

I tried going to safe mode, but for some reason the system doesn't detect the FireLite. So I can't work with the folder.
I cannot copy the folder onto this computer's hard drive. I tried that.
I tried Microsoft's Internet solution of disabling Simple Folder Sharing, but that didn't work.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention, the Documents and Settings folder was from Windows XP Pro, this is Windows XP Home Edition.

Hello, Truthbetold, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, see if this helps you: Bypass ACCESS DENIED error when accessing data from different XP/2000 install

I don't really know anything about specs. If I'm missing something, bear with me.
Thanks for the help!\

Remembered Specs of the Hard drive in the FireLite:
Either Fujitsu or Toshiba
Less than 1GB of free space

Specs of Computer I'm using:

Mobile AMD Semptron(tm)
Processor 3000+
1.79 GHz. 224 MB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

System:

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

I'll put this stuff in my profile once I'm sure I have all the specs.

That's all I could find about specs. at Start--> my computer--> right click--> properties--> general

And currently I on the East Coast of the United States near Michigan (the glove on the map).

Daveskater said:
With regards to your problem, see if this helps you:
Bypass ACCESS DENIED error when accessing data from different XP/2000 install

Yes...
that helps some.
The original problem still stands, however. During Safe Mode, the FireLite, which contains the Documents and Settings folder that I want to open, is not detected by the computer. A tech guy thinks the problem is that the USB ports may not be recognized in Safe Mode.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back