Accidentally disabled administration account in Windows XP

By ninefoxes
Dec 3, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. when i was trying to figure out how to remove log on screen, i accidentally disabled my own admin account. after i reboot my PC, log on screen still there and says "your account has been disabled. please see your system administrator". i dont have guest account set up on computer and now i cant log on. i tried on safe mode but failed =(...what should i do?

am using Windows XP Media Center Edition

is there a way to get to computer managment page from log on screen to enable administration account... please help me.
  2. akannitaoheed

akannitaoheed TS Rookie Posts: 79

Let the system boot from a windows xp cd. Hope you know how to do that: Press any key to boot from cd, the you press any key. When given these options:

Press enter to set up windows xp now
    Press r to repair windows xp using recovery console
    press escape to cancel setup

Press r to go with the second option. You will asked when entering the recovery console which windows you want to log into, since you have only one o/s press 1, for password, if you had no password on itbefore just press enter then type this command:

net user administrator /active:yes

this should reenable the admin account.

dont forget to press enter when you type the command
  3. Dhakos

Dhakos TS Enthusiast Posts: 79

Boot up in safemode, there is always an unchangable admin account that is available to log onto, you should be able to log onto this and enable your account again :)
  4. stephen101

stephen101 TS Rookie

follow my steps

follow my steps accordingly,start up windows,when windows boots towards the welcome screen,hold ctrl+alt+del key,press them twice,then a window should appear then type ur username as administrator and leave password blank,press enter then u will be logged as administrator then go to control panel and create a new account.