Account access problem in xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

madzach2000

a long time ago i changed the welcome splash screen to look like Vista ; i dont remember much about the steps that i took to do this but i recently created a new user account and when i did so my main administrator account wouldn't show up on the xp welcome screen , i went to the user accounts options menu to find that it wasn't there either so then i went to documents and setting it was there but when i clicked on it it said access is denied which is understandable for security reasons. that night i had a dream that i set my computer to have the classic welcome screen and it made it work. so when i woke up i tried it and sure enough the account that was missing came up and worked. so now my problem is getting it to show up in the modified welcome screen. i dont understand why it is not showing up but it gets annoying having to type in the user name and the password every time i boot xp.
could it be that it is not working because i modified the welcome screen? if so how do i change it back to normal? if thats not the problem what is?

thanks for taking the time to read and attempt to help me out

cheers,
Zach

Maybe you should go back to sleep and try to dream a fix again!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!

Download tweakui. It installs itself under C:\Windows\system32. Run it to "tweak" a variety of user interface options (that includes the ability to control which users are displayed on the welcome splash screen)

IMO, no system should boot directly into any user-login.

To do so says any intruder from the internet can compromise that account without
any effort whatsoever.

All accounts should have a non-trivial password too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back