Acer 3000 won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I'm posting in the right section, sorry if I'm not. I need some help.

I don't know for sure what caused the problem, but it happened after I prompted a registry cleaner to defragment the registry. It would have to reboot 2 times to complete the process, but after it rebooted twice, it wouldn't start up. It would just remain on the Acer screen (it comes up after the black windows screen loads, it's light blue and has a little design on it).

So, to turn it off, I pressed the power until it turned off. I turned it on again, and a black screen appears saying something like "We are sorry for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start correctly" and it gives me options to start on safe mode, start of last known (configuration?), or start windows normally.

When I pick safe mode, the screen remains black with the words "safe mode" in the corners and windows xp... on the top. And it stays that way. Nothing happens.

When I choose "start windows normally" or "last known", the black windows screen appears and windows loads, then it goes to the Acer screen I described earlier and it stays there. Nothing happens but I can move the mouse.

Does anyone know what might the problem be and how to fix it? This is the first problem I've had with the laptop and I've had it for a year.

Thanks!

Thanks for your response. Will I need to have the Windows XP CD in order to do that though? My laptop came with it already installed, and I didn't get a Windows XP CD when I bought the laptop...

Thanks again for the response.

Are laptops supposed to come with that even when XP was already installed when the computer was bought?

Any other possible solutions? I don't have the XP install CD.

Most newer laptops have the OS restore program on a separate partition on the hard drive. If the laptop won't start, how can you access the OS restore utility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back