Acer 5920g graphics problem

By xalara1234
Oct 10, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hello and sorry for my english is not my mother language. I have an acer 5920g. When i turn it on one day the screen was all vertical lines and the half screen became white and the other half pink and i couldnt see anything. It did it from the beggining before even show the bios diagnostic. After a lot of tries and after i connected with external monitor i managed to fix it and the laptop booted normal with no problem (with and without the external monitor). I did a couple of restarts to make sure its ok but after 2-3 restarts i show in the screen some hotizontical green lines in some parts of the screen and it get only in the loading vista bar. After a restart it shows again vertical lines in all screen and it doesnt seems i can fix it this time. Has anyone any idea what causes it and how can i fix it? Also i have the same laptop (5920g) with same characteristics but seems motherboard is not working and i wonder if the problem is in graphics card if i can change it from the other laptop i have. Is there possible to change the card in 5920g laptop??? thanks a lot.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,676   +152

The graphics chip on the motherboard could be damaged by heat. It also may be that the video cable from the LCD panel to the motherboard is damaged

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.