Acer Aspire 5740G keyboard confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my new 5740G laptop, when I press either the `/~ key or the '/" key, the first time nothing happens, then the second time a pair of the characters appear. Dont know if I have mistakenly activated something or not, any ideas would be much appreciated, many thanks, Mac

My Acer 5740G purchased from Croma Mumbai also developed a keyboard problem within 3 months of purchase. Caps Lock, Num Lock , and some alphabet keys like q,a,p,o,1 and numeric keys 1, 0 and function keys Tab and Ctrl stopped functioning. I tried leaning the key board with a mini vaccum cleaner ( hand held type running on AA batteries) . Nothing worked. I took it to the Acer Service Centre In Vashi . They said the keyboard required replacement and I said OK. After a few days I get a call from them that the key board is not available. I am now stuck with an ACER 5740 G for which I paid Rs 47,840/- .

People should stop buying Acer Laptops as I am now going thru a nightmare. Fortunately I do have 2 more laptops. I hope Acer does something to improve their products / service / parts availability.

This Acer keyboard is available on Ebay for around $20... I know you are not in the USA, but just know you are not stuck with a bad keyboard. They are easy to replace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back