Acer aspire 5750z-4885 shuts off after 4 to 7 seconds

metalronin

Hello all.
My sister in laws Acer aspire 5750z-4885 was recently sat on and the screen is cracked. I was going to replace it for her but before I order a new screen I was wondering if it is even just the screen and not something else that I cannot repair. The laptop since getting the screen cracked will shut off after powering up in about 4-7 seconds or so I haven't used a stop watch lol.
I am wondering if perhaps there is a short or some other dmg caused by the screen being cracked that will not be remedied by replacing it. I have limited experience with cracked lappy screens. Thank you all so much for any and all replies I love this board and it has helped me many times in the past.

Yes, the cracked LCD screen can be the cause of the shutdown. Replacing the LCD panel is not that difficult for someone experienced, but for you it might be too much. You have to disassemble the top cover without breaking the plastic. The video cable might not be included with the new panel, so you would have to use the old cable. The cable connection to the panel is very delicate...

I did it for my 1st time took me about 30 minutes IF U DECIDE TO DO IT YOURSELF DONT RUSH IT... take your time but what ever tmagic suggests I would go along with as he is the man to listen to on here :cool:

Thanks a ton for the replies :) I will go ahead and order a screen and check to see if it comes with a cable. I will report back if all goes well.

The panel part number is on the back of the panel. Make sure you order the replacement panel with that number

Back