Acer Aspire 7520 boot loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago i booted up my laptop and checked my emails,i then left the room and returned a few minutes later to find the laptop was switched off.When i tried to reboot the system it cycled again and again trying to boot up.Nothing showed up on the screen and all i could here was the harddrive start up then click off..as well as the power button light up and then switch off.This fault goes on endlessly.I managed once to access the bios but have not been able to since as the lapto begins its cycle again before it reaches the bios bootup.I have removed the ram and moved it from slot to slot with no joy there,replaced the harddrive with a new one but the problem still persists.The laptop will do this on battery power and when plugged into the outlet.The battery is getting chardged.Is the motherboard fried?Is a capacitor to blame?Could it be a problem with the lid.I have searched all over the net and have found many people who have had the same problem but none have managed to sort it out.I have tried all i know to get it up and running again but this one has got me stumped.Has anyone else had this same problem.Please help.

Sounds like a mobo problem. could be a capacitor bubbled up and leaked, could be a short on the board, could be a crossed/not grounded pin. I would see if it has any warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back