Acer Aspire desktop freezes on Acer logo

By blendertom
Jul 3, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I have a Acer aspire desktop and every time I boot it up it freezes on the acer logo. There is no tone, the acer logo just sits there. Pressing delete (to to enter BIOS) or F12 (for boot option) does nothing. But when I restart it, it works fine. I checked if the RAM was loose, which had cause previous problem, but that wasn't the problem, but anyway I took it took it out and swapped them. I have two kingston RAM.
    Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,271

Hi, for a start I would run the manufacturer's diagnostics on the hard drive. Follow this guide.

3. blendertom

blendertom Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks for the help but I found the problem.
    I was using readyboost, so I had a flash drive plugged in during boot up, that cause the problem.
  4. Mark56

Ah, that problem again, I must remember to ask about that. You'll be glad to know you are not the first person who has made that mistake.
  5. blendertom

blendertom Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

But the thing is that for a week or so it worked fine...
  6. Mark56

That is odd to say the least, maybe this has been caused by something else. Could just be a case of seeing how it goes as the fault may return if it was not caused by the Flash drive.

Try plugging the drive back in and see the fault returns.

During the week it was plugged in had you changed anything that was on it?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.